"Laura’s writing is so beautiful and visually descriptive that the reader will lose themselves in this book, blurring the lines between fantasy and reality."

- Lisa, Beta extraordinaire

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tantalizing

My graphic designer has told me my cover should be finished my Monday evening, or Tuesday. This is very good news. Because I am feeling so dang happy, I am sending out a little excerpt from my book for my fans! I hope it tantalizes your taste buds for what is to come:

Flowing auburn hair glittered against the sun like molten copper. A knife tucked securely into a holster around a leg. Glacial blue eyes turned toward me over a perfect shoulder, staring, cautioning me. Her face was that of an angel; her body was that of a goddess. The tattoos that covered every last inch of her skin was intricately woven in a pattern that seemed to have no beginning or end.
She turned away from me, her short white dress billowing in the wind. It was silk-like, so thin I could see through it. Her tattoos went beyond her arms and legs; they continued snaking up her back to circle around the shape of two arrows crossed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment