"Laura’s writing is so beautiful and visually descriptive that the reader will lose themselves in this book, blurring the lines between fantasy and reality."

- Lisa, Beta extraordinaire

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Molten River

Quote of the day:

Chapter 14: Questions

He grabbed a fry and held it up, staring with a flicker of curiosity on his face. “What is this?”
“Fried potato.”
He looked as though the idea was ludicrous but he didn’t hesitate before he stuffed the whole thing in his mouth. He chewed a few times before looking at me, his eyes wide. “It’s amazing!” he exclaimed and then he grabbed three more.


Passage of the day:

Chapter 12: Journey

The women turned to face me, their white eyes macabre. I stepped back and fell to the ground, tripping over something. My hands slipped on a wet substance, and when I looked down I saw golden blood leaking from the body I had fallen over. It was like a molten river.

1 comment: