"Laura’s writing is so beautiful and visually descriptive that the reader will lose themselves in this book, blurring the lines between fantasy and reality."

- Lisa, Beta extraordinaire

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Powers

Quote of the day:

Chapter 10: Crash

“How did she get these powers?” Karen asked.
Lucia stared at her like she was from another planet, which perhaps she was. “The Halo of the Sun have always given those who are worthy their powers,” she said matter-of-factly.

Passage of the day:

Chapter 11: Run

I handed him the bag. “Put these on.”
He took the bag from me and examined the material of it.
“Plastic,” I said. “It was invented when you were …”
He nodded, pulled the clothes from the bag, and began stripping out of his. I turned my back to him; sure my face was flushing a brilliant shade of magenta.

1 comment:

  1. I know that Gabriella wanted to sneak a peek!!! She was wishing that she had eyes in the back of her head, wasn't she?

    ReplyDelete